The overall vision of the Office of Sustainability is to have sustainability be seamlessly integrated into the values and practices of Lehigh; contributing to social equity, environmental stewardship, and economic prosperity.
The mission of the Office of Sustainability is to make Lehigh a model of sustainability by leading the integration of sustainability into Lehigh’s operations, curriculum, co-curriculum, research, and engagement with the community. The Office of Sustainability works with campus and community partners to create a culture of sustainability on Lehigh's campus.
The Office of Sustainability has five primary operating objectives:
- Leadership - Provide information, resources, and strategic guidance to senior administrators, faculty, staff, and students.
- Policy Development - Develop policies that promote environmentally sensitive behavior by campus users.
- Projects & Programs - Create, implement, and manage innovative programs and events that integrate sustainability into operations, research, academics, and engagement.
- Monitoring - Establish metrics and track sustainability performance.
- Outreach - Share Lehigh’s sustainability story and encourage the campus community to contribute to its growth and success.