Students seek to enrich their academic experience by deepening their understanding of current topics while also embodying this knowledge in their daily life. Lehigh identifies sustainability issues as highly relevant in today’s society and promotes learning opportunities through a series of co-curricular activities. Below are some highlights of our efforts within Engagement.
- With the sustainability student educators program (Eco-Reps), we promoted sustainable living behavior to 1,669 students.
- The Sustainable Office Program was created recognizing faculty and staff members’ impact on promoting environmental practices across campus, and it served 129 employees.
- We had 2,700 students engaged in community service.
- We partnered with community garden programs, and the Bethlehem Area School District is a lead partner in a Community School initiative.
- 100% of entering students were provided an opportunity to participate in orientation activities and programming that prominently include sustainability.
- 100% of new employees were offered orientation and/or outreach and guidance materials that cover sustainability topics.
What's next? Learn about (and get involved with) our sustainability goals for 2020.